Mechanical Engineer / Stress Analyst
IDOM Merebrook’s UK nuclear engineering team is seeking to recruit a mechanical engineer or stress analyst at our Manchester office. Candidates should have a minimum of 2 years’ experience, however, any candidates who may not have the number of years’ experience required but can demonstrate the necessary skills in combination with directly relevant experience may apply and will be considered.
- Candidates must be degree-qualified in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
- A solid foundation in mechanical engineering principles
- A track record of delivering technical solutions to meet the customer’s requirements in challenging timescales
- A desire to be challenged and contribute to the success and growth of the business
- Excellent communication skills
- IMechE chartered or working towards chartership
- Knowledge of Finite Element Analysis principles
- Following Quality Assurance processes
- Working effectively, both in project teams and independently
- Production of designs and calculations to demonstrate acceptable equipment performance
- Stress analysis hand calculations using Mathcad
- Application of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) including Ansys APDL and interpretation of the results to influence the design process
- Authoring technical documentation
- Use of 2D and 3D CAD packages, ideally Autodesk Inventor.
- Nuclear industry awareness and safety case appreciation
- Seismic and fatigue assessment
- Working to design codes and industry standards appropriate for a safety-critical industry, such as ASME BPVC Section III/VIII or RCC-M
- Familiar with steam-raising power plant and components (pressure vessels, heat exchangers, pumps, valves, pipework etc)
All applicants should have a full clean UK driving licence.