Environmental assessment is vital for almost all engineering projects and industrial sector concerns today whether looking at the detailed impact on the general environment or specific emissions generated by an operation.
Environmental Impact Assessment is required for many new planning applications and the efficient and effective identification of impacts together with accurate communication of the findings is key.
AIR QUALITY SERVICES
- Air Quality Assessments
- Atmospheric Dispersion Modelling
- Stack Height Assessment
- Indoor Air Quality Plans
- Odour Assessments
- Dust Risk Assessments
- Passive and real-time dust/PM10 monitoring
- Assessment of impacts from Minerals and Waste Sites
- Dust and Odour Management Plans
- Expert witness
Its contents, together with any comments, must be taken into account by the competent authority (eg local planning authority) before it may grant consent. IDOM is able to undertake many aspects including advising developers on screening and scoping of EIA and can coordinate production of the EIA with many of the disciplines undertaken in-house to ensure a coherent end product.
- Pre-acquisition and land quality audit
- Remediation validation
- Contract preparation
- Feasibility study for reclamation of land
- Remediation supervision
- Tender preparation
- Sustainability consultancy
- Project management and budget control
- Contract management
- Hazard identification
- Reclamation project planning
- Site remediation design
- Preliminary contamination risk assessment
- Generic quantitative risk assessment
- Landfill gas generation modelling
- Detailed quantitative risk assessment
- Hazardous gas investigation
- Environment monitoring and control
- Noise and vibration monitoring
- Groundwater modelling
- Groundwater – abstraction and discharge licensing
- Environmental impact assessment
- Environmental planning support services
- Hydrogeological assessment and investigation
- Geo-environmental and geotechnical assessment
Monitoring and Control
Air quality assessments are frequently undertaken as part of planning applications or Environmental Impact Assessments and can include background air quality studies, assessment of air quality impact from particular proposals and providing mitigation advice. Noise monitoring is also frequently required as part of planning application procedures and we can provide anything from basic data acquisition to detailed interpretations.
- Noise and vibration monitoring
- Dust Management Plans
- Odour Management Plans
- Construction Environmental Management Plans
- Noise Monitoring
- Vibration Monitoring
- Air-borne Asbestos Fibre Monitoring
Noise and Vibration
The IDOM acoustic team provide bespoke acoustic measurement and modelling in accordance with relevant publications and guidance to deliver planning support, environmental impact assessment, reassurance monitoring, and good acoustic design. Noise and vibration measurement is undertaken using Class 1 precision sound level meters, and seismographs capable of measuring both Peak Particle Velocity (PPV) and Vibration Dose Value (VDV).
Real-time measurement of both noise and vibration can be undertaken with options for alerts to ensure that pre-determined levels are not exceeded at sensitive receptor locations. We work alongside local authorities to ensure that noise or vibration issues and conditions are met and discharged.
- Baseline environmental noise monitoring
- Real-time site noise monitoring for demolition and construction processes with telemetry and alerts
- Noise Impact Assessments
- Road traffic noise survey
- BS4142 Assessments for industrial sites
- BS8233 Assessments for residential developments
- BS5228 Assessments for construction sites
- Section 61 application support
- Pre-purchase noise assessments
- Acoustic modelling and prediction (CadnaA)
- Baseline Vibration Monitoring
- Real-time Vibration monitoring with telemetry and alerts
- Vibration impact assessments in support of planning applications
- Reassurance vibration monitoring of sensitive sites/services
Permitting and Planning
IDOM can deal with the full assessment and application process or work with clients to ensure that their application is compliant.
- Minerals Dust Assessment
- Groundwater-Abstraction and Discharge Licensing
- Site Condition Report
- Site Closure Report
- Intrusive Investigation
- Monitoring and Control
IDOM considers that sustainability is the key imperative driving all of its operations and seeks at all times to review and improve its overall performance in this aspect.
We believe that the choice is not between new construction and protection of the environment, it is between progress and stagnation.
We provide a range of integrated services to support the planning, design, construction, and operation of built environment and infrastructure projects.
- Carbon Footprinting
- Energy Audit
- Sustainability Consultancy
- ESOS Assessments
IDOM has worked with various organisations on obtaining favourable positions with respect to waste status for construction schemes.
- Code of Practice
- Qualified person
- Asbestos Management Plans
- Materials Management Plans
- Waste Categorisation
- Waste Minimisation