Senior / Principal Structural Engineer
IDOM is currently recruiting for a structural engineer to be based in our offices in Stirling, Scotland.
The successful candidate’s role will include:
- The ability to undertake the structural engineering design of a broad range of building and building-related projects, predominantly in a hands-on technical role, rather than a managerial position.
- Working closely with other professionals including engineers, technicians, architects and contractors, both within the company and externally.
- Managing own time effectively to be able to balance work on several projects simultaneously.
- Chartered Civil or Structural Engineer.
- Experience of building design using Eurocodes.
- Competent user of building design software and Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of the Scottish Building Warrant system including SER’s certification procedures.
- Good verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain technical features of a design to non-technical project members and clients.
- Professional presentation and self-motivated, with the ability to build rapport with other members of the team.
- Ability to work individually as well as being a key part of the team in Stirling, including the ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team spread across multiple offices.
- Desire to continue professional and technical development.
- Structural design software for example: TEDDS, SAP 2000, TEKLA.
- Additional software skills for example: AutoCAD, Revit, BIM etc.
- Experience of implementing the designer’s requirements to comply with CDM Regulations
- Available to travel for work, including occasional overnight stays.
This role would be a great career move for anyone who would like to be part of the growth of a progressive forward-thinking consultancy.