Senior / Associate Geotechnical / Environmental Engineer
This role focuses more upon the geotechnical aspects and comprises the assessment and interpretation of geotechnical and geo-environmental data. This will generally be in the support of new developments ranging in scale from low rise housing estates to high-rise flats.
- A minimum of eight years relevant experience for the Senior role or 13 years for the Associate role – however, any candidates who may not have the number of years’ experience required but can demonstrate the necessary skills may apply and will be considered.
- Member of a relevant organisation and working towards chartered status.
- Sound understanding of geotechnical engineering and assessment.
- Experience in managing, undertaking and supervising intrusive site investigations using a variety of techniques (shell and auger, windowless sampling, trial pits etc).
- Ability to log soils and manage sub-contractors.
- Fluent English speaker with good communication skills for liaising with clients.
- Excellent standard of written English required for writing of factual and interpretative reports.
- Ability to undertake preliminary foundation design, slope stability assessment, earthworks specifications and retaining wall design.
- Existing client relationships would be advantageous.
- Candidates should also have an understanding of contaminated land and the assessment of contamination in soil and groundwater.
- A full UK driving licence is essential.
Applicants should possess a first degree in either Geology, Engineering Geology or Civil Engineering and will preferably hold a post graduate qualification in Geotechnical Engineering or a related discipline.
The exact nature of the role will depend upon individual candidates and their experience – however, it will include, site investigation and supervision of site works, factual and interpretive report writing, project management and supervising and mentoring junior member of staff client liaison. Again depending upon experience, this will include both contaminated land and geotechnical projects.
The successful applicant will report to the Technical Director of Environment and will be required to promote, develop and grow the business and increase our profile in the marketplace. Excellent management skills will also be necessary as the successful applicant will be required to oversee the work of a small team of junior engineers.