Senior / Principal Structural Engineer
Every professional within IDOM shares the philosophy that the client is our raison d’être.
For over 25 years, we have offered our growing client base an ever wider array of environmental and engineering consultancy services in civil and structural engineering, building services, ground engineering and Health and Safety; providing high quality, practical and pragmatic advice and solutions across many sectors.
Offering UK wide coverage from six regional offices, IDOM UK is part of the IDOM group, an international engineering, architectural and consulting firm based in Bilbao, Spain, with more than 3000 professionals in over 30 offices across the globe.
This resource combined with our fully integrated approach provides the flexible mix of expertise and experience required to deliver our clients’ objectives, irrespective of sector, region or project size.
If you have a commitment to the client, technical excellence and good people skills, then we want to hear from you.
In return, IDOM can offer opportunities for career development within a lean, agile and highly professional UK SME, with short and transparent chains of command, and with the larger context of a global company providing access to a wealth of broader opportunities and exciting challenges. Flexibility in working hours and part-time working are available on a permanent contract basis.
You would be joining our growing team of professionals in a senior position within our Stirling office to help deliver projects for our clients and contribute to the expansion of the company within Scotland. This easily accessible office with free parking, sits within the attractive surroundings of Stirling University Innovation Park. There are a wide selection of facilities available on-site and the city of Stirling is close by with excellent road and rail links.
The successful candidate’s role will include:
- The ability to undertake the structural engineering design and project management for a broad range of building and building-related projects.
- Assisting with marketing and development of business opportunities.
- Working closely with other professionals including engineers, technicians, architects and contractors, both within the company and externally.
- Chartered Civil or Structural Engineer.
- Experience of managing the design of a wide range of building projects.
- Experience of building design using Eurocodes.
- Competent user of building design software and Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of the Scottish Building Warrant system including SER’s certification procedures.
- Good verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain technical features of a design to non-technical project members and clients.
- Professional presentation and self-motivated, with the ability to build rapport with other members of the team.
- Ability to work individually as well as being a key part of the team in Stirling, including the ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team spread across multiple offices.
- Desire to continue professional and technical development.
- Structural design software for example: TEDDS, SAP 2000, TEKLA.
- Additional software skills for example: AutoCAD, Revit, BIM etc.
- Experience of implementing the designer’s requirements to comply with CDM Regulations.
- Available to travel for work, including occasional overnight stays.
This role would be a great career move for anyone who would like to be part of the growth of a progressive forward-thinking consultancy.