Strategic Infrastructure Team
IDOM is currently recruiting for infrastructure engineers to be based in offices in central Birmingham near to New Street Railway station.
Civil Engineering CAD Technician
Required to be based at our office in Colmore Gate, Birmingham reporting to the Design Co-ordinator.
Experience of producing general arrangement and detail drawings for construction of infrastructure projects is required and be able to demonstrate a solid track record of working within the UK industry. This should include detailing of roads, drainage and carparks. The using of 3D CAD and PDS 3D Modelling or similar software would be desirable. The ability to manage support from Junior Technicians when necessary is required. Knowledge of detailing of structural elements would be an advantage but not essential. Candidates should also be able to liaise with Clients and other Idom offices to produce integrated works packages to programme and within budget. Further training and support towards professional qualifications will be provided.
- Proficient working with Civil3D, NavisWorks and InfraWorks
- Experience working within Common Data Environments (ProjectWise, BIM360, Aconex, etc)
- Knowledge of the UK BIM Standards (BIM Level 2)
- Capable of quickly and accurately solving complex CAD problems
- Fluent English speaker with good communication skills for liaising with clients, colleagues and senior managers
- Excellent standard of written English required for production of AutoCAD based drawings
- Experience of Revit and Bentley civil packages (AECOsim, OpenRoads, etc.) will be also beneficial
- Worked within large and/or multi-disciplinary design engineering projects thus appreciating the complexities involved
- Knowledge of GIS: analysing topographic data, transformation of coordinates, importing topographic models, etc
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Reporting to the Design Manager. Candidates are likely to have 8 to 10 years post graduate experience of roads and drainage design in either a highways or aviation environment and be able to demonstrate a solid track record of working within the UK industry. A knowledge of and ability to design pavements would also be advantageous. General experience of airport design or rail would also be advantageous but not essential. Any candidates who may not have the number of years’ experience required but can demonstrate the necessary skills may apply and will be considered. Candidates will be expected to have an ability to liaise closely with clients and to manage a team of technicians to produce work to high technical standard and to meet Key Stakeholders’ programme.
A flexible approach to working location and willingness to support other team projects is essential together with an ability to develop new skills and knowledge of up to date Codes of Practice and design software.