Sudbury Gas Works, Derbyshire
Sudbury Gasworks Restoration Trust Ltd
This project involved the provision of geo-environmental and geotechnical advice to Sudbury Gasworks Restoration Trust Ltd who are engaged in the preservation and re-purposing of a former coal gas production works. The site was constructed to provide gas to the nearby Sudbury Hall in the late 19th century and is believed to have been used for their original purpose for some 40 to 50 years before being used as a smithy and later pottery.
The structure is Grade II listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990. As the structure, has been disused for many years it has fallen into disrepair and therefore investigation works needed to be carried out with great care.
- Preparation of a competitive tender for the project
- Pre-start meetings with client and client’s professional team to ensure compliance with site requirements and constraints
- Service mapping
- Geophysical investigation
- Design and full supervision of site investigations
- Risk assessment and remedial options appraisal.