IDOM Merebrook has a long-established track record of providing geotechnical solutions to a wide range of construction sectors. From identifying potential geohazards at an early stage in the life of a project, to offering expert support during the construction phase, our team of highly qualified and experienced geotechnical engineers are able to advise you every step of the way.
Unforeseen ground conditions affecting the construction of sub-structure for buildings, retaining walls etc. remains one of the primary causes of project cost overruns in the construction industry. Our geotechnical team is dedicated to mitigating this by identifying risk well before construction works commence and providing pragmatic economical solutions to problematic ground. Working closely with the other disciplines within IDOM Merebrook, we specialise in providing holistic solutions for the profitable redevelopment of brownfield and greenfield sites.
We have particular expertise in designing, supervising and reporting on intrusive geotechnical ground investigations which provides data to inform the engineering design. We also have expertise in the design of foundations for low to high rise residential, industrial and commercial buildings including traditional and more complex foundations such as piles and reinforced concrete rafts. In difficult or challenging ground conditions, where deep foundations may be uneconomical, we can advise on the potential use of ground improvement techniques leading to possible cost savings. We have capability to carry out complex stress and ground movement assessments to determine the potential effects of new development on surrounding structures/infrastructure. We also have extensive experience in designing, specifying, supervising and validating major earthworks schemes across the UK.
Specific services that we offer include:
• Desk studies (early identification of potential geotechnical hazards)
• Coal mining risk assessments
• Geotechnical ground investigation
• Ground Investigation and Geotechnical Design Reports
• Foundation design
• Ground improvement design
• Slope stability analysis
• Retaining wall design
• Earthworks design, specification and validation
• Basement design
• Ground movement analysis
• Design and validation of working platforms for tracked plant
• Rock face stability assessments
• Tunnel inspections
• Construction phase site supervision (foundations, ground improvement, earthworks etc)
• Forensic geotechnical analysis and Expert Witness work